Monday, August 16, 2010

AmeriCorps Reflections on Service - Part 3

The third reflection comes from Nate Kieso, AmeriCorps VISTA - Community Organization Liaison.

This is my second year, well spent, with AmeriCorps VISTA. I began my work in Iowa in response to the historic floods of 2008. Working for AmeriCorps has been the most rewarding work I had ever done in my life, so I decided to continue in service of my country. AmeriCorps VISTA gave me the tools and the chance to go to San Diego and do meaningful work for Volunteer San Diego. In turn Volunteer San Diego has enabled me to develop my professional skills and provide me with a firm foundation in San Diego, which I am proud to call my new home. I am excited to continue in service to my new community! Also, no offense to my hometown, but I love this land without snow!

Thank you, Nate! Your dedication to and passion for service has been an inspiration to all of us at Volunteer San Diego.

No comments: