Thursday, August 05, 2010

AmeriCorps Reflections on Service - Part 1

This month, four talented AmeriCorps members will end their year of service with Volunteer San Diego. We will be posting their reflections on their service year here on our blog. The first comes from Jennie McDonald, AmeriCorps VISTA - Community Organization Liaison.

"If you had asked me last year what I hoped to accomplish during my term as an AmeriCorps VISTA at Volunteer San Diego, I would have answered in terms of small goals. I initially hoped to improve my public speaking skills and gain experience in the San Diego nonprofit community. I achieved these goals and more. I helped implement an orientation for community organizations, collaborated with community members to improve volunteer programs, and gained confidence as a nonprofit professional. I am completing my term with the self-assurance that my hard work has made a meaningful difference at Volunteer San Diego, and in the greater community. I am incredibly grateful for all of the wonderful opportunities that AmeriCorps and Volunteer San Diego have given me in this life-changing year." 

Thank you, Jennie! We are incredibly grateful for your service and all you have contributed to VSD and the San Diego community.

No comments: